For the most up to date national information around Coronavirus please go to: www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Peterborough City Council webpage: www.peterborough.gov.uk/healthcare/public-health/coronavirus
On 23 March the government announced new restrictions:
Leave home only for:
- Shopping for basic necessities
- One form of exercise a day
- Any medical need/care for vulnerable person
- Travelling to and from work, only if absolutely necessary.
All non-essential retail stores will be closed, this will include clothing and electronics stores; hair, beauty and nail salons and outdoor and indoor markets, excluding food markets. To make sure people are staying at home and apart from each other, the Government is also stopping all public gatherings of more than two people.
This will be for a minimum of three weeks. Police will be enforcing the rules.
See more here.
Neighbourhood Watch, through its network of Street Coordinators, are ready to help anyone who is self-isolating, in these difficult times. A friendly telephone call maybe all that is needed, or help with Shopping, and Collecting Medicines.
Would Parish Councillors please feed this information into the community, wherever possible.
The Contact number for any requests for help is: Adrian Martin 01733 719996, or 07807 841026, or email: email@example.com
Current services impacted by Coronavirus:
- Leeds Hall and Manor Farm Community Centre are now closed until further notice.
- From Friday 20 March 2020 Eye Primary School will be closed. Vulnerable children and those of key workers will still be able to go to school. Further information here.
- Bus services are running a revised schedule
- Vivacity manage many of Peterborough’s most popular culture and leisure venues on behalf of Peterborough City Council have a FAQ here.
- Eye Library is closed until further notice.
- Religious services have been suspended.
- BBC Bitesize Twitter
- BBC Bitesize helps students aged six to 16 years with their coursework, homework and exam preparation. Following the closure of schools BBC Bitesize content will be expanded.
Guidance for Parish councils: www.nalc.gov.uk/coronavirus