Fishing is only allowed with a fishing permit which can be obtained from the Parish Council. The license runs from the 16 June to the 14 March. To obtain one please send a stamped and self-addressed envelope, A5 size or larger, together with a copy of your current rod licence (which can be obtained from the Environment Agency) to:
The Parish Clerk
The Leeds Hall
The reserve is regularly patrolled so carry your permit on you at all times when fishing.
Terms and conditions
- Fishing will be by rod and line only
- Fishing is only permitted in those areas not indicated as “no fishing zones” (see map below).
- No fishing shall take place during the close season – 14 March to 16 June (inclusive) each year.
- No fishing shall take place between dusk and dawn.
- Non-toxic weights and barbless hooks only to be used.
- No fish weighing over 907 grams (2lbs) to be kept in keepnets.
- No children under 12 years old are to fish without an accompanying adult.
- Permit holders will carry out no acts prohibited by the bylaws.
- Permit holders must not use or discard lead weights and will remove all property, tackle (in particular fishing line) and litter to leave their location in a clean and tidy condition.
- Permit holders will not introduce any species of fish, animal or plant whatsoever or clear any vegetation from the Nature Reserve.
- Peterborough Unitary Authority as landowner and Eye Parish Council as manager of the fishing rights, accept no liability for any injury/damage to personal property unless due to their negligence.